Hubertus back then, how it all started …
In 1911 the Hubertus was built as a lord’s house at the end of Fulpmes. The First World War and the poor economy forced the owners to sell the property. For the first time “foreigners” were accommodated in the house which had already a central heating system, running cold and hot water, and a bathroom on the floor – a luxury in those days.
With World War II that era came to a sudden end. Hard times followed as no one was thinking of a summer holiday. Slowly the proprietors of the pension, the residents’ of Fulpmes and the guests recovered financially from the past tough years. The Hubertus started a period of glory and was one of the best places to stay in the valley. Unfortunately, as the landlady aged she was not able to adjust the pension standard to the new spirit of tourism. The pension fell into a deep sleep. At the end of the 1970s the Family Wurzer purchased the premises and woke it from its sleep. They re-opened the building as a pension, changing it into the Hotel Garni Hubertus by adding an extension for additional beds, an indoor pool, infrared cabin, a sauna, and a Kneipp pipe.
Even if the Hubertus has been renovated several times over the 100 years of its life, it has lost none of its character from earlier periods in terms of charm, comfort, cosiness, and relaxing atmosphere.
Please come along and feel it yourself! We are looking forward to welcoming you in the Hubertus.
Carmen & Jacques Jenny-Wurzer